Effective Date: March 1, 2016.
- Information that WheninWorld receives from you when you interact with the Services
- How WheninWorld uses and processes the information that it receives
- If and why Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties
- Your choices regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Information
Information Collected and How It Is Used
WheninWorld collects personally identifiable information about You when you voluntarily submit that information to us. “Personally identifiable information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact you. This includes information such as Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, username, password, gender, and if You connect through social media sites, Your interests and social connections. You voluntarily submit that information to us (i) when You download the App, (ii) by registering on the Site as a user or merchant, (iii) in a request for more information from us, or (iv) by e-mail. Other information that we may collect from You include Your interests and social connections if You connect through a social media site.
When You use the Services, we may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about You or “Usage Data”, such as your movement about the Site or App, the type of browser or operating system You use, or the domain name of the website from which You linked to the Services.
We use the personal information that we collect to operate, improve and personalize the Services, to provide customer service, to customize our advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that we may use your personal information as follows:
- to provide the Services to you;
- to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, or and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services;
- to better understand how users access and use the Services, for the purposes of trying to improve the Services and to respond to user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users' usage of the Services;
- to help us develop our new products and services and improve our existing products and services; and
Disclosing Your Information to Third Parties
Any information we gather, whether voluntarily provided by You or automatically collected, may be used for our internal business and marketing purposes but will not be sold or otherwise disclosed to third parties for any purposes, except as stated below.
We treat the information in our database, including any information You submit through our Services, as confidential. We may share personally identifiable information about You with other trusted companies or people to perform functions for which we engage them (such as hosting, data analysis and to operate our Services) when (1) You have consented to our sharing of the information; or (2) we need to share the information in order to provide a product or service requested by You. These companies or individuals may use Your personally identifiable information only to the extent necessary to assist us and are required to protect the information.
We may share non-identifiable aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties in an effort to customize or enhance the content and advertising on our sites for our users.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information that you submit. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We (like all websites) cannot warrant or guarantee 100% security of any information you transmit to us at our websites.
Additional Protections for Children
The Services are not designed for or targeted to children under the age of 13. WheninWorld will never knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 through the Services. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information.
Changing Your Information
If You are concerned about the information You have provided to us, or would like to review, update correct or delete that information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PO Box 7134
Alexandria, Virginia 22307